Dear Valued Clients,
Eager Beaver Moving is committed to ensuring our clients’ and crew members’ safety throughout the moving process. Our protocols will align with current jurisdictional Covid-19 mandates legislated by the Provincial Government and Alberta Health Services. We continue to stay on top of guideline changes and will adjust our policies and procedures as required.
We realize that situations may arise that require you to postpone or make changes to your booking during these unpredictable times due to illness, potential Covid-19 exposure, location restrictions and other factors. Our first priority is to ensure everyone’s safety, and we understand that these changes create added stress but rest assured, we will reschedule your move as soon as you are ready and able.
Health and Wellness Policies
We understand that the Covid-19 pandemic has left many people feeling nervous and conscious of protocols and procedures, such as wearing masks and washing and sanitizing hands, even if it is not mandated. We value everyone’s perspective and will continue to do our utmost to ensure you feel comfortable during the moving process.
Below is a list of the measures Eager Beaver Moving follows:
- Any employee who experiences symptoms of illness is required to remain at home and contact Alberta Health Services. Anyone arriving at work with visible symptoms is sent home.
- High touchpoints in our office, warehouse, trucks and equipment are disinfected regularly. We encourage our clients to wipe down furniture and other surfaces after our crews have departed as an extra precaution.
- You will receive a confirmation call before your service day. Though we are no longer asking COVID-19 health screening questions, however, we request that if you are feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of illness in the days leading up to your move date, that you contact us to reschedule. Please note we have instructed our crew to advise the head office to report any concerns if someone on the job site displays Covid-19 symptoms. If the situation is deemed unsafe, we reserve the right to postpone or cancel your move to protect crew members and our other customers’ health and well-being. If you have travelled outside the country in the prior two weeks leading up to your moving date, we ask that you contact our office to postpone your move.
- Physical distancing: If space allows, it is safest to remain in another room away from the crew as they work. We ask that you not touch or hug our team members for everyone’s safety (yes, believe it or not, many of our customers want to hug us at the end of a job!)
- Masks: Our crew members will wear masks if required by building management, such as Retirement Communities or Healthcare environments.
- Minimizing crowds: Please limit the number of people present on the day of your move, particularly in smaller apartments where space is already tight. We understand that our senior clients may require assistance in directing traffic and advising our crew of essential details. In this case, we ask that you limit helpers to only one extra person on the move site and that anyone else arrives after our crew has departed from the premises.
- Air circulation: If possible, please open outside doors and windows to keep air circulating.
- Hand washing: Our crew regularly cleans their hands with sanitizer but may also require access to a sink to wash their hands with soap and water periodically throughout the day.
- Signatures and Payments: We utilize electronic devices to collect signatures and process payments. Crew members disinfect all items that require physical contact, including cell phones, tablets, payment machines and pens after each use.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation with our policies. The goal is to keep everyone safe while providing quality moving and packing services to our community during this challenging time. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our office at 780-434-1100 at any time.
Owner – Eager Beaver Moving